Starting off as a 3 man team originally, Swag Soft has grown from strength to strength to become one of the top mobile app and game developers in Asia today.
Our team of seasoned professionals provides a suite of different services spanning mobile app development, game development, VR development and AR development. Our passions lie within well-differentiated fields such as coding, design, gamification and marketing and we want to support young budding talents who share those interests.
We are pleased to present the Swag Soft Scholarship for mobile app development and game development.
We will offer a grant of US$1000 to one student every year residing in either the Republic of Singapore, the United States of America or any countries within the European Union pursuing an education in any of the following areas:
- mobile app development and/or design
- game development and/or design
Through the grant, we hope to contribute to the welfare of worthy students studying the above subjects. Although not much, the grant is our way of paying it forward in our own little way and we hope that it will make a difference, even if slight.
Grant recipients will also get the opportunity to take up an internship in Swag Soft.*
In order to apply for the scholarship, you need to be enrolled in a high school, college undergraduate program, a bachelor or master’s program in a university in either Singapore, the United States or the European Union.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Applicants must be studying in the EU, the USA or Singapore
- Applicants must have a minimum unweighted 3.5 GPA
How To Apply?
Interested candidates are required to submit the following using the form provided at the end of this page.
- Student ID or similar document proving enrollment in a valid and existing institution of studies.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing coding and/or design abilities.
- A cover letter that introduces themselves and shares why they deserve the scholarship, how they plan to use the money and their aspirations for the future (1000 words).
How Will My Application Be Reviewed?
- Each application will go through an individual review by our team of professionals.
- Each submission will be evaluated based on the validity of the provided documents, the quality and passion exhibited in existing works and the contents of the cover letter.
- Each year we will pick one grant recipient only.
- The final selection will be made at the discretion of the team.
- If you do not hear back from us, it means that your application has not been accepted.
- We regret that we will not reply to appeals or queries regarding the status applications. If you don’t hear back from us it means that you were not awarded the grant. You are however welcome to try for the next year if you are still studying.
Grant Recipient Obligations
Grant recipients should note that they are obliged to partake in an online interview which will be published on Swag Soft’s website(s) and social media platforms. The purpose of the interview is to validate the authenticity of the grant and to tell their stories to other students and potential employers all over the world.
Our scholarship is granted annually. The submission period is from March 1st to October 30th of the same year.
Award decision and announcement will be made between December of the same year to February of the following year.
The grant is available to students from the USA, the EU, and Singapore and has a value of US$1,000.
*Internship at Swag Soft is currently only applicable to grant recipients who are citizens or permanent residents of Singapore.
Please complete the form to submit your application. All fields are required.