What is the relation between m commerce and e commerce?
The truth is many entrepreneurs do not understand the difference and the benefits of having a full-fledged mobile commerce platform. Nonetheless, m-commerce is a powerful trend one cannot ignore in 2020.
Here is what you should know about the difference between m commerce and e commerce and the actionable insights that follow.
The Difference Between mCommerce and eCommerce
Let’s start by defining what each term stands for:
- eCommerce (also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce) is the process of buying or selling the services or goods using the internet. Unlike e-business, which includes all the aspects of operating an online business, eCommerce entails the transaction of funds and data to execute a purchase.
- mCommerce (also known as mobile commerce) – refers to all the cases where eCommerce transactions are carried out using mobile devices: a smartphone, a tablet, or even a wearable device such as a smart watch.
Despite the fact that both of them have the same goal that is to sell products with the help of the digital transfer of funds and data , ecommerce and mcommerce have noticeable differences.
The technologies of web and mobile words use the same principles to satisfy the expectations of the target audience. However, there is a huge difference between e commerce and m commerce:
1. Access. You need access to the Internet to use electronic e-commerce offers and mcommerce is launched via a wireless connection.
2. Devices. eCommerce requires using laptops, personal computers, etc., while mobile commerce needs a cell phone, iPads, and tablets.
3. Price. Developing mobile e-commerce is more expensive than eCommerce.
4. Platforms. While eCommerce operates only via web stores, mCommerce is available through a mobile version of the site, mobile apps, native apps, and hybrid applications.
5. Customization. Individuals or organizations own mobile devices so they can easily customize a mobile app, while eCommerce is available for a larger area so customization for every person is impossible.
6. Interface. mCommerce has a simple interface with all features nicely arranged. eCommerce includes more options and complicated layout.
7. Mobility. Mobile e-commerce is more accessible and convenient as you can take a mobile device everywhere. This is not true about eCommerce since laptops are heavy and require enough room to access.
Nowadays, Internet users prefer online shopping to physical stores so much that the ecommerce industry is expected to attract over 2.14 billion people in 2021. While the transition from purchasing things in a local shop to online shopping took a lot of time, shifting of the focus from ecommerce to mcommerce is gathering much pace.
- Since 2016, mobile commerce has been demonstrating a speedy increase by about 33% each year.
- The revenue from m-commerce has doubled in just three years, from 2016 to 2019
- Mobile commerce sales are projected to reach $2.91 trillion in 2020 and $3.56 trillion in 2021
Benefits of mCommerce
Despite great capabilities that eCommerce provides for online shopping, it doesn’t have all the advantages mCommerce has.
It is one of the most predictable benefits of m commerce. Clients will be able to access a mobile app at any time and any place; they can use it at work, on the bus, while having fun with friends, etc. Users will get any necessary information about the product or service despite what their location is.
Mobile apps provide you with the opportunity to purchase a necessary good instantly due to a vast range of mobile payment options. The times when a person could pay only with credit cards are far away. Now you can download one of the numerous one-click checkout applications and have a fast and pleasant experience.
Push notifications are instant messages that are sent to the users to tell about new goods, sales, or share any other important information. You can increase the value of push notifications, and make them even more efficient tools for your marketing campaign.
Developing a mobile application, you can boost eCommerce sales by reaching a target audience. That is generation Z that spends more time on their smartphones than the rest of the people. It is a fruitful segment already, which is going to be even more profitable as time lapses.
You can enjoy all these advantages even if you have an eCommerce store as it is possible to turn it into a great mobile commerce app. It doesn’t matter whether you are a startup that tries to incorporate mCommerce growth hacks or an experienced player in the market. We, at SwagSoft, are ready to provide you with top-quality assistance on mobile app development. Our team has an impressive portfolio that proves you can entrust your ideas and your ultimate business success to our company.