So far, AI has been extensively implemented into our daily life and futuristic ideas have finally become real. Technology companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and PayPal are initiating new methods of AI application. We can think of security and surveillance gadgets, smart home devices, social media, and E-commerce platforms – all of which use special algorithms and machine learning approaches for enhanced performance.
According to the statistics, E-commerce sales were expected to reach $4.8 billion by 2022, and with further AI implementation, this figure will be growing. No wonder, mobile Ecommerce app development service has been so much in demand recently.
Latter study shows that more and more businesses will be communicating with clients using chatbots. Almost 85% of conversations with clients may be guided without a human being involved from the service’s side. Such a tendency is taking over M-commerce: mobile app development focuses on integrating the benefits of AI. Apart from the enhanced mode of conversations, businesses are using various forms of AI to investigate and understand customer needs better, as well as to create innovative systems for a satisfying customer experience. As a result, artificial intelligence tools help businesses to create an enhanced environment for customer retention.
Main Ways of AI Application in M-commerce
There are multiple ways in which AI is changing the shopping experience. The three main points for the M-commerce sector:
- Targeted product recommendations.
- Virtual assistants.
- Data personalization.
Intelligent product recommendations have a great impact on the number of online customers. Artificial intelligence tools enable markets to analyze customer choices and preferences, review their shopping history, and search for items. Using social media ads has been a well-targeted promotion practice. It is a successful way to attract new customers and keep in touch with the current ones so they can engage with the product or service more. As a result, effective communication of sales and special offers influences the retention rate positively.
Smart ads can bring the following benefits to the sales industry:
- Enhanced customer retention rate.
- A higher number of sales.
- Personalized approach to client service.
Businesses can provide customers with 24/7 support with the help of chatbots. Machine learning tools are getting better at communicating with clients effectively. Other benefits include:
- Interpretation of chat and voice-based interactions with customers.
- Machine learning approach for constant improvement and a better understanding of consumer needs.
- Giving personalized offers to clients.
Customer data analysis is the most valuable source for the marketing industry. It enables businesses to work effectively concerning information about the client base. Among marketing personalized tools are emails and newsletters. The technological advancements create a perfect environment for marketing email distribution. In order to keep communicating with customers and build up a trustful relationship, a brand can offer a subscription to the email newsletter. By developing a campaign, and sharing appropriate information and beneficial content, a customer will be constantly involved with the service.
M-commerce during COVID-19 Study
The marketing industry has been heavily affected by the changes due to the public health crisis. The number of online shoppers who use mobile apps for purchases is continuing to grow in 2021. Meanwhile, mobile app development is making an effort to enhance the customer shopping experience.
A great number of restrictions were set during quarantine. People were deprived of an opportunity to visit public places, and in-store experience has become impossible because of a major safety concern in a lockdown. Such challenges made retailers expand the E-commerce sector to make the shopping experience available with limitations of visiting stores in person.
Fortunately, mobile apps brought considerable benefits for both customers and retailers. An app can help users to review the available items and make an order to pick them up. By doing so, a person doesn’t spend time indoors searching for things on store shelves. In addition to that, the checkout procedure is faster due to online payments and self-checkout options. Talking about the offline experience, markets can track the number of customers and their movement in a premise via an app. Such a tool helped to reduce crowding and maintain a limited number of people in a store. In addition to that, it improved the shopping experience by making queue more transparent, offering separate pick-up places for online orders,
More importantly, instead of going to a store and purchasing items in an old-fashioned way, a customer can do all necessary shopping via a mobile app. Nevertheless, the in-store experience can be safely maintained. There are a couple of things that should be taken into account for an M-commerce mobile app development during a pandemic :
- Shopper experience: Safety is a top priority during quarantine. Thus, the number of customers in a store should be tracked and constantly updated, so that people can avoid crowds and pick a better time for a visit.
- Communication with customers: There are many ways of how to support a client online without face-to-face interactions.
- Security: E-commerce enables a customer to track the route of an order and make safe payments on platforms online.
AI Solutions for the Marketing Industry
- Email Marketing powered by AL. Such a technique defines the way of sending marketing emails which are relevant to the customer’s interests. An intelligent user analysis is based on the client’s response and is more aligned to individual customer needs.
- Supply Chain Automation with AI tools enables effective management of supply chains for E-commerce platforms. Apart from that, it has other benefits such as enabling business decisions related to vendors, delivery schedules, and market needs.
- AI-based data analytics tools provide such tools as business intelligence, customer profiles, and online sale analysis.
- Omnichannel AI solutions are creating a steady and seamless customer experience across online retail stores.
Generally speaking, E-commerce is playing a leading role in the market sector these days. In fact, mobile app development is a key to driving innovative solutions and customer shopping experiences. Implementation of artificial intelligence tools enhances service delivery, and retention rate, and attracts more new customers.