Modern technologies shape all spheres of our life and business is not an exception. Digitalization dictates the rules you need to follow if you want to keep a top position in the market. Most companies have understood the importance of mobile apps for business and changed the way they interact with customers and employees to play to these rules.
Still, enterprise mobility is more than having a mobile app or even adopting a mobile-first approach. It is about placing mobile technologies at the core of a business model. And a few companies have gone that far in mobile transformation maturity.
To embark on this journey and set enterprise mobility goals for your business, you should understand at what stage of mobile transformation you stand and what stages are still ahead. This post will help you make sense of this, as well as point to the importance of enterprise mobility as such.
Why Enterprise Mobility Is Crucial to Business Success
At the moment, many organizations are looking to collaborate with experienced enterprise mobile app development company to help implement enterprise mobility solutions because they can:
- Make the data mobile and available
- Mobilize the workforce of the company
- Speed up the decision-making process
- Streamline operations for various branches
- Increase the opportunities for expanding business
In the modern competitive business world, having access to data on the go means you will never lose important information and will allow your employees to work from any place and fulfill significant tasks more efficiently. All in all, enterprise mobility serves as a basement of increased productivity, flexibility, employees’ efficiency, and costs optimization. Thus, this is definitely something every company should strive for.
The Stages of Mobile Transformation Maturity
Mobile maturity reveals the organization thinking and the way it reacts to the rise of the digital environment. According to Forrester research, it includes 4 stages:
1.Shrink and squeeze
Being on this stage means you just apply available PC strategies and tools to a mobile screen. You probably don’t realize the difference between a mobile app and a website optimized for mobile and do not feel the necessity to order mobile app development.
In the second stage, you start thinking about the advantages of enterprise mobility and adopt mobile-first approach to enterprise app development. You implement the key enterprise app features and creative strategies that help to improve engagement and retention of the users.
3. CX and EX transformation
At this stage, you stop thinking about enterprise mobile app development as a goal in itself but start to consider it as an efficient way to boost employee experience and customer experience, hence achieve business success.
4. Business disruption
This is the highest stage of mobile transformation maturity. You know all the benefits of mobile and implement them at the core of new services, products or business models. You have a process in-place to assess the impact of enterprise mobility on your business and use it to optimize processes and suggest innovation.
The Challenges of Mobile Transformation Maturity
It is impossible to reach the final stage of the mobile transformation maturity at once. Most companies will have to go through all the stages and overcome the possible challenges of each stage to get ahead:
- In the very beginning, organizations risk being stuck in the first stage sticking to the legacy systems and feeling uncertain whether to convert their website into a mobile app. Here, it is important not to give up and set the right goals.
- As you move to the second stage, you will start realizing the benefits of enterprise mobility and will be inspired to move forward. However, the fear of change may hamper your willingness to update the organization processes. You may consider using the available enterprise team management apps for your team to get used. Thus, they will get more understanding of whether you need a custom app or a mobile system whether several mobile app APIs are integrated.
- Finally, you will not only understand the mobile platform and the way to use its advantages to enhance business logic but also start to integrate all gained knowledge into your company’s strategy. To overcome the associated challenges, you need a strong strategic leader that is passionate about embarking on a true enterprise mobility.
For smooth progressing along these stages, you should know all peculiarities and the main trends of mobile application development. If you feel you lack expertise, it is recommended to partner with an enterprise mobile app development company. Specialists will help you avoid possible security issues and recommend you on the features that are crucial for enterprise mobility.
The Bottom Line
There are many challenges for enterprise mobile app development, thus it is important to set goals that are both realistic and ambitious for your company. To know what mobility goal your company can achieve, you need to understand where you are standing now.
Look once again at the mentioned above stages and identify which one you are in. Try to answer the questions about your current mobile philosophy, interactions with the mobile users, support infrastructure and used resources, approaches to the design, organizational support to mobile and evaluations of success. Only realizing where you are now can you move forward.